The Long-Awaited EnergyWeek Gained a Record Audience
Last week, EnergyWeek 2022 brought together a record number of visitors to seminars and exhibitions. EnergyWeek was welcomed with great interest as the event week was organised for the first time since 2019.
– EnergyWeek was more extensive this year, lasting for the whole week and having more visitors than ever before. I don’t think there was a vacant hotel room left in the city. And, for the first time, we even had some of the seminars streamed to the public. I was pleased to see that the spirit and feeling you have during EnergyWeek has not changed or faded. During the week, you could see a lot of happy people networking with each other. This has always been the reason people come to EnergyWeek, says Kristoffer Jansson, EnergyVaasa’s Communications & Brand Manager.
– EnergyWeek is a genuine display of cooperation. I’m truly impressed with the dedication of the region’s organisations and our partners in creating this shared event, Jansson continues.
The New Theme Grew the Event
Over 6,200 event participants from over 30 different countries (in 2019: 4,600 visitors from 25 countries)
During the week, participants had an opportunity to listen to a total of 154 speakers at 31 different events or seminars (2019: 90 speakers in 21 events
The event had approximately 250 exhibitors (2019: approx. 190)
The objective of EnergyWeek is to bring together experts from the field and offer them new contacts, networks and potential partners. This year’s themes were energy and environment, wind and renewable energy, smart energy, gas energy, and energy storage as a new theme. The topics of the energy storage day were, among others, battery technologies and establishments, hydrogen, gas, synthetic fuels and heat.
– What makes EnergyWeek a special event is the fact that there is a specific theme for each day and also different exhibitors. The exhibition area is rebuilt every night for the next day’s theme, ready for new companies to present their work. Each day’s seminars are also closely linked to the day’s theme, says Jansson.
The Oscars of energy technology were once again awarded at the Energy & Innovation Awards competition.
- For more information, please read the press release: Hitachi Energy Finland Oy won the Oscar of energy technology – Energy and Innovation Awards 2022 on EnergyWeek
The Event Will Be Even Better Next Year
– Every year, we strive to create an even better event than the previous one. Now after the event is over, we collect all the feedback received from the audience, the organisers and the exhibitors. After taking a breather, we start planning the next year’s event, Jansson explains.
Vaasa EnergyWeek is a five-day event week for the energy sector organised collaboratively by around thirty organisations. EnergyVaasa and Vaasa Region Development Company VASEK are the main coordinators of the event
The next EnergyWeek will be held between 20.–24.3.2023
‹ Go back to "News"