Corona virus outbreak - useful information for entrepreneurs
The corona virus outbreak affects entrepreneurs and businesses immensely. We are here to help you - contact us if your business is in need of help. More information on our business services.
We have listed some useful links below. Please note that the Finnish version of this page is more extensive. Tip: press Ctrl+F and type key words in the search field to find the key words or phrases that you are looking for quickly.
Support for Business Costs
- Business cost support. 4th application round of business cost support 17 August-30 September 2021.
- Business cost support (4th round) - video instructions
- Another (4th) round of business cost support to open and new compensation for large companies for closure of premises (3.6.2021)
- Questions and answers on the Government's proposal to reintroduce business cost support
Labour market support
- Temporary right of entrepreneurs to labour market support to continue until end of November
- Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus and labour market support for entrepreneurs and self-employed persons
- Government proposes to extend labour market support for entrepreneurs until the end of June (18.2.2021)
- Round of applications for compensation starts 15.9.2021. Read more about event guarantee on State Treasury's webpage
Compensation for closure of customer premises
- Closure compensation for micro and small companies. Compensation must be applied for within four months of the end of the month in which the obligation to keep the premises closed ended. The round of applications ends on July 31 or August 31 at 16.15.
- Check State Treasury's web page for closure orders for your region (in Finnish)
- Application rounds for business cost support and closure compensation to open in April–May (9.4.2021)
- Government proposal: New compensation to companies for closure of customer premises (18.3.2021)
Support package for culture, art, physical activity and the event production industry
- Government outlined a support package for culture, art, physical activity and the event production industry (21.4.2021)
The food and beverage sector
- Government proposal: Closure of restaurants to continue until 18 April (23.3.2021)
- Government proposal: restaurants to be temporarily closed to customers – takeaway and delivery still permitted (1.3.2021)
- Questions and answers
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: Temporary amendments to business development aid to continue until 30 June 2021 (30.12.2020)
- TE services: The Act on the Right of Entrepreneurs to Unemployment Security enters into force on 8 April 2020 (8.4.2020)
- The Social Insurance Institution (Kela): Temporary unemployment benefits for self-employed persons (7.4.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus and business financing (23.3.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: MEAE Group monitors the effects of the coronavirus on businesses, employment, consumers and security of supply (31.3.2020)
- The Finnish Tax Administration supports businesses during the corona pandemic – see the instructions (24.3.2020)
- The Social Insurance Institution (Kela): Update on the coronasituation (30.3.2020)
- RDI loans in disruptive circumstances (7.1.2021)
- Companies can apply temporary loan funding until 14th of May 2021. (NOTE: The application period has been extended.) Project implementation may continue also after the deadline for applications.
Suomen Yrittäjät (entrepreneurs' association in Finland)
- Frequently asked questions and answers (2.4.2020)
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
‹ Go back to "News"