Corona virus outbreak - useful information for entrepreneurs
The corona virus outbreak affects entrepreneurs and businesses immensely. We are here to help you - contact us if your business is in need of help. More information on our business services.
We have listed some useful links below. Please note that the Finnish version of this page is more extensive. Tip: press Ctrl+F and type key words in the search field to find the key words or phrases that you are looking for quickly.
Support for sole entrepreneurs
- Support for sole entrepreneurs in the Vaasa region (20.4.2020)
- Read this before you apply: Questions and answers on support available to sole entrepreneurs
- NB! MEAE: More information on COVID-19 support for sole entrepreneurs and the self-employed: pensioners can receive support (4.5.2020)
Support for Business Costs
- Act and Decree on Support for Business Costs approved: 368 eligible business sectors. The Act enters into force on 1 July 2020 and companies may apply to the State Treasury for the support as from 7 July 2020.
Support and compensation for the food and beverage sector
Links to business support application forms
NB! These applications are not available as of 8 June 2020.
- ELY Centre: ELY Centres' funding for companies in the exceptional circumstances caused by the coronavirus (18.5.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland:Government proposal to Parliament: Support to restaurants for re-employment and compensation for restrictions imposed on activities (11.5.2020)
- TE services: The Act on the Right of Entrepreneurs to Unemployment Security enters into force on 8 April 2020 (8.4.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: The Act on the Right of Entrepreneurs to Unemployment Security enters into force on 8 April 2020 (7.4.2020)
- The Social Insurance Institution (Kela): Temporary unemployment benefits for self-employed persons (7.4.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: Support available to sole entrepreneurs from municipalities for coronavirus-related reasons (30.3.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus and business financing (23.3.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: MEAE Group monitors the effects of the coronavirus on businesses, employment, consumers and security of supply (31.3.2020)
- The Finnish Tax Administration supports businesses during the corona pandemic – see the instructions (24.3.2020)
- The Social Insurance Institution (Kela): Update on the coronasituation (30.3.2020)
Suomen Yrittäjät (entrepreneurs' association in Finland)
- Frequently asked questions and answers (2.4.2020)
- €2,000 coronavirus support for sole entrepreneurs – applications to open as soon as possible (2.4.2020)
- Running your own business? Here’s how to apply for business support in the coronavirus crisis – “The instructions have changed constantly. Hopefully this is now the way to do things” (2.4.2020)
- Team Finland Network Services (23.3.2020)
- Business Finland: Funding for business development in disruptive circumstances (23.3.2020)
- Finnvera: We help enterprises in the exceptional situation caused by the coronavirus (23.3.2020)
- Finnvera puts into operation a lightened procedure in granting the Finnvera Guarantee (25.3.2020)
- Finance Finland: Ritakallio: Government’s economic package is highly necessary – Finnish financial sector shoulders its responsibilities (20.3.2020)
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
‹ Go back to "News"