Corona virus outbreak - useful information for entrepreneurs
The corona virus outbreak affects entrepreneurs and businesses immensely. We are here to help you - contact us if your business is in need of help. More information on our business services.
We have listed some useful links below. Please note that the Finnish version of this page is more extensive. Tip: press Ctrl+F and type key words in the search field to find the key words or phrases that you are looking for quickly.
Support for Business Costs
- 6th application round of business cost support opens 26.4. and ends 31.5. at 4.15PM. Read more
Business cost support is intended for companies whose turnover has fallen over 25% due to the coronavirus and that have therefore struggled to pay inflexible costs and payroll costs. The need for and amount of support will be assessed on the basis of the sudden decrease in turnover caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. The purpose of the support is to help companies cope until the Covid-19 pandemic ends.
The support period for the sixth round of business cost support is from 1 December 2021 to 28 February 2022.
- 5th application round of business cost support 21 December 2021-18 February 2021. The fifth round has targeted the events sector, restaurants, sports and tourism businesses, among others.
- Instructions for applying for support
Temporary unemployment benefits for self-employed persons
- Self-employed persons to regain eligibility for labour market subsidy for the period 1 January - 28 February 2022
- Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus and labour market support for entrepreneurs and self-employed persons
- The round of applications for closure compensation starts 22.3. and ends 20.4. at 4.15PM. Read more
Support package for culture, art, physical activity and the event production industry
- Government outlined a support package for culture, art, physical activity and the event production industry (21.4.2021)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: Temporary amendments to business development aid to continue until 30 June 2021 (30.12.2020)
- TE services: The Act on the Right of Entrepreneurs to Unemployment Security enters into force on 8 April 2020 (8.4.2020)
- The Social Insurance Institution (Kela): Temporary unemployment benefits for self-employed persons (7.4.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus and business financing (23.3.2020)
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland: MEAE Group monitors the effects of the coronavirus on businesses, employment, consumers and security of supply (31.3.2020)
- The Finnish Tax Administration supports businesses during the corona pandemic – see the instructions (24.3.2020)
- The Social Insurance Institution (Kela): Update on the coronasituation (30.3.2020)
- RDI loans in disruptive circumstances (7.1.2021)
- Companies can apply temporary loan funding until 14th of May 2021. (NOTE: The application period has been extended.) Project implementation may continue also after the deadline for applications.
Suomen Yrittäjät (entrepreneurs' association in Finland)
- Frequently asked questions and answers (2.4.2020)
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
‹ Go back to "News"