Vaasa airport logistics center VALC (A)
- Vaasa Region accounts for the second largest amount of air cargo in Finland
- New air cargo terminal area under construction 2011-2012
- Vaasa Airport, 300 000 passengers, 5th largest in Finland
- Frequent connections to Helsinki, Stockholm, Riga and Umeå
Logistics center for Land Traffic (B)
Located right next to Vaasa airport, railroad and the conjunction of E8 and E12 main roads, Vaasa region logistics center will offer business sites for state of the art logistics. Vaasa harbour is located only 10 km away, which makes the location ideal for combining different modes of transport. Furthermore, the area offers logical settings for large scale logistical solutions, such as distribution centers or hubs.
Port of Vaasa (C)
- Shortest seaway between Finland and Sweden
- Year-round daily traffic to Umeå
- New mobile crane (104 t) in 2010, investment plan for a 200 t crane in 2011
- Focus on serving heavy industry and projects
Ongoing investments will further improve flexible and efficient cargo handling.
Special transportations (blue line)
Special transportations play an important role in the region. The main road E8 serves as the most important special transportation route in Finland, and region’s municipalities pay a lot of attention in traffic solutions in order to ensure smooth special transportations. In addition, the know-how concentrated in the area is significant - a great number of companies operating special transportations are located in the region.
Railway Electrification (gray line)
The railway from Vaasa to Seinäjoki will get electrification in 2011. The actual construction work started in May 2010 and will take around 1,5 years before everything is ready. After electrification railway based transportation to and from Vaasa region will rise to a new level of competitiveness: the transportation costs will be significantly reduced as well as the emission level of the transportations.